Board of Governors
Governing bodies are the strategic leaders of schools. They are rightly responsible and accountable in law and in practice for major decisions about the school and its future.
The board is the school’s key strategic decision maker. As set out in the Governance Handbook, all boards have three core functions:
1. Ensuring clarity of the vision, ethos and strategic direction.
2. Holding the executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the school(s) and its pupils and the effective and efficient performance management of staff.
3. Overseeing the financial performance of the school(s) and making sure that its money is well spent
The board, with advice from its Clerk, is also responsible for ensuring legal and regulatory compliance across a range of areas, including:
- education and equalities laws;
- responsibilities as operators of an educational institution, such as health and safety, information management and employment law;
- conditions and obligations imposed by funding or regulatory bodies
Governors’ decisions in these areas have a real effect on the way in which the school is run and on the way in which our children are educated. These decisions are made at monthly meetings. During meetings the governors will deal with routine matters – school finance, staff appointments, pupil safety, class organisation etc. The full board of Governors has one committee responsible for the school's finances and 'resources'. The committee meets monthly, chaired by Gary Scott, and their decisions are ratified by the full governing body.
The Headteacher’s Report is presented once per term to the Governing Body. Each report gives a résumé of current events in school, curricular and staff development and LA issues which affect the school – plus anything else which informs the governors of what is happening and helps them reach decisions.
Further information about the Governors may be found here.
We currently have one vacancy for a co-opted governor. For more information, please see our vacancies page.
Miss Christine SmithChair of the Full Governing Body
Miss Christine Smith
Mrs Alison OldhamVice Chair of Governors
Mrs Alison Oldham
Mr Richard WightmanLocal Authority Representative
Mr Richard Wightman
Mr Gary ScottCo-opted Governor
Mr Gary Scott
Mrs Rachel MorrisParent Govenor
Mrs Rachel Morris
Mrs Sarah MurrayParent Governor
Mrs Sarah Murray
Mrs Lisa BlundellCo-opted Governor
Mrs Lisa Blundell
Mrs Sarah ToddStaff Governor
Mrs Sarah Todd
Mrs Claire LeeHeadteacher
Mrs Claire Lee
Mrs Anna GreenwoodAssociate Governor
Mrs Anna Greenwood
As an associate governor, Mrs Greenwood does not have voting rights.Â